Friday, November 19, 2010

Props To My Middle Child

DB is a funny kid with a funny name, but it just suits him. He would have you believe that there is not much going on upstairs. In fact he has this gift/curse of appearing mentally disabled in nearly every single picture we take of him. I strongly suspect it is done on purpose, because he knows it aggravates me to no end, and that pleases him so. But he has quietly risen this year and is becoming an excellent student, an avid reader, and is growing up right before my eyes. I guess this is on my mind because of the perfect straight A progress report he brought home today. Jake's you ask? Good, but let's call it less than perfect. You see school is merely a nagging nuisance that interferes greatly with his football time. But don't get me wrong. Jake is no dumb jock. In fact, he is bright enough to do "satisfactory" with barely lifting an academic finger. The good and bad thing about having same sex siblings so close in age is that inevitably, they will be competitive. This would be an understatement for my boys. Let me tell you - it is under Jake's skin big time that his kid brother smoked him on their grades this time. Bring it on, DB! No motivational speech in my arsenal could possibly be more effective.

I couldn't be more happy for Dylan though. Getting a fresh start at a new school with no one that knew that he had 77 warts all over him last year has truly been a God send for his self confidence. Having said that I will share some of my favorite photos of Dylan and you will quickly see what I mean.

This is a common pose. I have dozens just like it. 


It started at a young age. He couldn't have been more than three in this pic. 

No comment. 
You can't tell me this wasn't intentional!

In case you can't find him, fourth from the right. Yep the classic mouth breathing blank stare. 
Love you, Deebs!

1 comment:

Becca Hatch said...

What a good boy! We can't wait to see him at Christmas. I wish I had a middle child.