Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Road Trip 2010
We made our annual trek to Utah this week. We packed a whole lot of fun into six short days. Here is a little photo sampling of our adventures.
One of a million pit stops along the way. Our kids don't hold their urine for long, but who can complain with that kind of scenery?
The kids wanted to be sure that they signed the guest registry at Glen Canyon Dam. There will forever be a large"SOPHIE" with a backwards P on the July 1st, 2010 page.
The kids do not share my dislike of heights and had a fine time overlooking Glen Canyon Dam..
We met up with the Palmers for a night in Park City. They graciously put us up on a gorgeous cabin with this view from the patio.
Grandpa Jim, Grandma Karla, Uncle Cory, and Uncle Dell follow us up on the Park City ski lift for some summer ski resort fun.
Sophie met the bravery but not the height requirements to ride the Alpine Coaster, so as an alternative she gave the trampoline a whirl.
Jake unnecessarily tests the brake that was never applied on the Alpine slide.
Alpine slide fun.. Jake, DB, and Kelcee get ready to go. They beat me and Sophie by a mile. No fear in those kids.
It was on to some Independence day fun. Utah doesn't bother themselves with silly rules and regulations on fireworks like Arizona does. I mean what could possibly be dangerous about an 8-year old and this explosive device? This was at the annual "Cul de Sac of Fire" in Bruce and Becca's Pleasant Grove neighborhood. Good times
Why do we go to Utah to vacation? Zip lines from 4-story tree houses, ponies, and 80 degree whether. Are you kidding me? (Special thanks Grandpa Jack and Becca's brother for sharing the joy.)
How convenient for us to show up near Wes and Sophie's birthdays-again. Becca planned the party that I was too lazy and cheap to plan. It was so thoughtful, the dinner was delicious, and who doesn't like green frosting and puppies?
Sophie and Kiki hit it off immediately. Here they are in their horsey fantasy play land completely oblivious to me taking their picture.
We can't visit Bruce and Becca without a trip to PG pool. Kiki hitched a ride on Jake's back, while Sophie's swim suit apparently hitched a ride as well.)
Kristen and Rob and their cute little crew were able to come meet us at the pool.
We stopped by Donna's place to meet her new "friend" Carlos. We give our stamp of approval and could not be more happy to see Donna so happy. (I especially like the super model posing of Sophie and Kiki in this shot.)
The obligatory stop in Hatch for the photo by the town sign. It's tradition.
We hiked to Horseshoe bend near Lake Powell. It was hot and a little over a mile and a half round trip, but well worth the effort. The kids liked the lookout OK, but had more fun filling their water bottles with orange sand and chasing lizards.
And we're spent after 10 hours in the car and six fun-filled days. Thanks to all who made this trip possible! You know who you are...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We loved having you! We can't wait for the next time, and I'm sure you'll be looking for a reason to hit the KanKun again!
First of all I wanted to tell you that I still remember the time you paid for my ticket on the Alpine slide back when I was 17 and twelve bucks was a fortune to me. I always associate you with the Alpine slide so it was a delight to read that you took your kids. Second, I had to tell you that at bowling the other night Sophie rocked and held her baby doll the entire time and now I'm pretty much in love with her. Her little nurturing heart and cartoon voice make me want a daughter so bad. The cake had a 40 candle on it for Cheryl and then we removed the 0 and relit the 4 and sang again to Sophie. She really took that wish seriously. I love her. They don't come any cuter.
Post a Comment