Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

The stomach flu doesn't care about Christmas and took Wes down for the day, so we ditched him in his misery like any good wife would, and headed out for the Christmas Day festivities!
A little Christmas Eve Dodgeball/Nativity action, anyone. Do I sense a new tradition coming on?
The flu bug was kind enough to let Daddy put together Sophie's new bike, before seizing control. (Otherwise it would likely be would be missing several key bolts.) She was quite good on the new bike, and announced that Lani could go ahead and have her old tricycle.
As has become customary, the kids (and us) took home quite the haul from Grandma Karla's this year. In addition to getting all new fishing gear, Grandpa Jim had a great mind game gift exchange, which ended very nicely for us. Let's just say we took home the bacon and the kids had a dream Christmas -again. Thanks guys!
On to play with cousins. Ellyse didn't fare too well with the gift exchange. (I thought everyone loved cinnamon almonds?!) Where are all the missing Hatches? Penny for an uncle??
Yes Sophie, that's how I feel after Christmas too.

Overheard today:

Sophie attempting to explain to Lani the concept of forgiveness after swiping a toy that was rightfully Lani's:

"Lani, you have to forgive me. Do you know what it means to forgive?? It means I say sorry and you forgive, OK? -Got it?"

Incidentally, Sophie lacked all remorse, and had no intention of returning the toy.
_______________________________________________________________

DB to Jake in the midst of a dispute over a move Jake made while playing Mancala:

"Jake, YOU cheated! I know because you are the older brother. I have younger eyes than you so I know what I saw and you cheated!"

Who can argue with that?

No comments: