So every fall and every spring the school photo envelope comes home in the boys' backpacks. I've addressed my history with Lifetouch photos in previous posts. We don't get along, but like a bad habit, I keep going back for more. They have a total monopoly on portraits for the cheap. Yes, I am in that category - right now out of necessity and just by nature as well. So paying hundreds for a professional photo shoot is just not going to happen. So the school photo is never great, but what kind of parent doesn't order their kid's school pictures? Plus how many times have I gone back and looked at old class photos and reminisced about that kid. Ok, maybe never in the past 25 years, but still, at least I have that option. Heck if it wasn't for forced school pictures I would have no history of my childhood at all. There wasn't a house fire, but there may have well been. (Don't feel bad, Mom, Heaven knows you were busy.)
So I bought Package F at 12 bucks a sheet for each of the boys, full well knowing that I could run them down to Target and that same Lifetouch camera would take $3.99 sheets. But alas, I couldn't convince all 55 of the boys classmates to meet me at Target. So I have a few wallets, an 8X10, and the necessary class photo. But the quality you ask? Well you be the judge.
The classic thoughtful head tilt.
1 comment:
such a believer in buying the school portrait. To me it would be like canceling Halloween. We do it because its tradition. And they are supposed to be poor quality and display an awkward smile. We are honoring many generations of established practice. Besides, one day you will need these pics for their wedding video or their E True Hollywood Story or something. I think it was a twelve bucks well spent! With boys that handsome, you can't go too wrong.
Post a Comment