So I have a dilemma that I am sure I share with all bloggers. There is this constant issue of is this "blogable"? The qualification process includes a variety of considerations such as - will it offend any readers, will it embarrass my kids or anyone else mentioned, is it appropriate or safe to post on a totally public site, and is it even interesting or entertaining. So often when I go days without posting, it is not for lack of material, but more because I am trying to protect X, by not sharing Y. Anyway, the following dialog has been on deck for a few days while I mulled over it's blogability. It is borderline, but made the cut because I decided it's entertainment value slightly outweighed it's crassness. So there is a very long intro to a very short but funny conversation between Dylan and his Grandma Karla one evening as they walked back to the hotel from Disneyland last week. (Forgive me Deebs if I made the wrong call on this one.)
DB: "Grandma, Did you know that there are three different kinds of nuts?"
GK: "Oh, really?" (We had been eating trail mix for a snack at Disneyland so I suspect she expected to hear all about cashews, peanuts, pecans and the like.)
DB: "Yep. There are the nuts you eat."
GK: "That's true."
DB: "Then there are crazy people that are nuts." {long pause}
GK: "And what was the third?"
DB with his signature grin then reaches his arm way out in front of his body with only his hand strategically bent so that his finger could point in the general direction of his nether region, while not drawing too much attention there: "And then there are those nuts."
That DB, he's a thinker.
DB: "Grandma, Did you know that there are three different kinds of nuts?"
GK: "Oh, really?" (We had been eating trail mix for a snack at Disneyland so I suspect she expected to hear all about cashews, peanuts, pecans and the like.)
DB: "Yep. There are the nuts you eat."
GK: "That's true."
DB: "Then there are crazy people that are nuts." {long pause}
GK: "And what was the third?"
DB with his signature grin then reaches his arm way out in front of his body with only his hand strategically bent so that his finger could point in the general direction of his nether region, while not drawing too much attention there: "And then there are those nuts."
That DB, he's a thinker.
3 comments:
That's still making me laugh
Becca and I have had this very conversation many times. You never know who might be cyberstalking. I'm an equal opportunity offender but she's the political one. She's better with words and "stuff".
Hey Hatchetman,
I'm cyberstalking YOU!!!
Post a Comment