I have been inspired by several fabulous women in my life to pursue my DBA designation. (See the link to Becca's blog and her March 9 post for an explanation if you are not familiar with this.) It is a long and grueling program and I hear that no one really ever truly graduates, but that is not going to stop me from trying. Some of my mentors are operating at a graduate level - Becca, Cheryl, Ruth, Darlene..(not a complete list). I however, am still in 101 classes, but happy to have opportunities to learn from the best. I was admiring Darlene's garden today and enquired about the abundance leafy greens that were in full bloom. She explained how to cook them and sent me home with a generous portion. They were a great side dish enjoyed by all at dinner tonight. We love you and your garden Dave and Darlene. You are fantastic neighbors and treasured, loyal friends.
(Dave claims that I "threw him under the bus" in my last post, so for those who follow sports, you might recognize the previous sentence as a make up call..) But really, I meant that.
So speaking of treasures in my life, my sweet boys got up early and brought me breakfast in bed this week. It was a soggy bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats presented on a cutting board. Wes swears on his life that he did not put them up to it. My genius boys have also figured out how to graffiti up the house without getting in trouble. They wrote "I love Mom!" on the bathroom mirror. Like I'm going to get mad at that.


Q: How do you know when your blog is getting super lame? A: You start posting photos of your kids eating vegetables.
1 comment:
Picture proof that you are a better Mom than I am! I can't imagine why I would be a mentor for you, but I am beyond flattered :) You're for sure my idol. As for you Weston Whittaker, "Father of the Year" for taking any bullet you have to for your family! That had to be divine intervention that put you in the running category at the last minute!
Post a Comment