I am pleased to announce that the following things have been added to the list of things Wes would do for our family:
1. Get shot with a taser gun
2. Get attacked by a German Shepherd
3. Get sprayed in the face with pepper spray
Those were three of the possible five options presented at a study the Sheriff's Department was conducting yesterday. Our neighbor, Dave convinced Wes that volunteering for this study was a great way to get a free taser gun. So you show up and are randomly assigned to a study group where either the three above mentioned things happen to you, or you are in a control group that vigorously punches a punching bag or runs 150 yards at full speed before hoping a fence. You were not allowed to choose your fate, but you were allowed to back out at anytime. Wes was told he would be in the pepper spray group as he waited to be processed. By a stroke of luck though, he was switched to the running group at the last minute. (But let it be known that he was willing to be sprayed.) So he sprinted the 150 yards, jumped the fence, then sat down to have his blood drawn. The exertion, the heat, the no food or water for six hours before and then the seemingly endless viles of blood they extracted proved to be too much for Wes as he found himself passed out on the floor a few minutes later. After a round of vomiting, a lingering headache, and yet another blood draw this morning, we have a new taser gun that will promptly be sold on Craigslist to pay for our Disneyland trip. Thanks Wes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm laughing.
And cringing.
Poor Wes. I guess he is deterred from a life of crime. Of course, he didn't pass out just from hopping the fence, so I guess the moral of the story is, "Once you start running from the police, don't stop under any circumstances."
I have heard rumors of this program but honestly thought it was kind of an urban legend. Way to go Wes! Its a good thing he didn't have to be Tazed. John had to be both Tazed and pepper sprayed in the police academy and he said that it was so horrible that he wouldn't do it again even for a free Tazer or even a lot of money. They said that they had to do it in the academy so that the officers would have a real understanding of the power they were wielding. Following this logic they would need to be shot with a Glock 45 as well. Anyway, way to go Wes! You are a legend!
That is the best. I asked Trevor if he would be willing to do it (without telling him about the added benefit of getting the gun) and he was all for it. Just like I said, He would do it for FREE.
I can see why you love him.
Post a Comment