Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines, Shmalentines.

Valentine's Day is typically uneventful around here, in fact it was well into afternoon before remembering that today was a holiday. I know sometimes I have a tendency towards sarcasm, but I can say with absolute sincerity that I got nothing for Valentine's Day from Wes, and I am not even sad. He also got nothing from me. We choose to boycott forced affections. Plus, lucky for our budget, neither one of us has "gifts" as our love language. So even though Fry's has an entire tent full of over-priced Valentine's crap, we resisted and are still happily married.

I am however very appreciative of the roses from Dad and the free babysitting night out courtesy of Karla. Love you guys!
The kids were sufficiently sugared up after their school Valentine's festivities yesterday. Jake's tongue was stained Incredible Hulk green and DB was literally bouncing off the walls until bedtime.
It won't be much longer that DB will willingly get off the bus looking like this. So cute, but so fleeting. I volunteered in Jake's class and got to see all the Valentine's mail boxes they brought in. It became quickly apparent who the Mormon kids were. Not Mormon: Shoebox, Mormon: Number 10 Can.

Jake and Dylan sort through their Valentine's loot.

And finally, today's "Awww" moment brought to you courtesy of DB. Those two have bonded a lot lately. Sophie is old enough to play a handful of games now, relieving me of the mind numbing job of playing Spill the Beans or Dora Candyland. I love spending time with my kids, but I'm convinced those games are a form of torture.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I am totally with you. I could care less about Valentines day. I got Trevor a candy bar and he got me nothing. He then felt bad because he didnt get me anything and offered and afternoon of service cleaning the house for me. The best part is I didnt even care and then I got my house clean out of it.