Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day Hike at Squaw Peak

Little Orphan Annie meets Angelina Jolie.
The studly shirtless hikers.

Jake, Dylan, and Milan pose with me on the trail.

I realized recently that I totally take for granted that my parents live walking distance from the trail of one of the best hiking mountains in Phoenix. The weather has been so gorgeous lately that we have taken the boys hiking a couple times this past month. Today Mom was kind enough to keep Sophie and we were lucky to have Uncle Burke as our tour guide. I was impressed with the boys' stamina. They wanted to go up to the top and were put out when we made them turn around. Since they dumped all the water in their bottles in a water fight before we even reached the trail, we knew we were on an abbreviated hike this time.

No comments: