Just some observations.
I have a love/hate relationship with Little League. I love watching the boys (all three of them) play in the perfect spring weather. I hate how disruptive it is to family dinner time and how bored silly Sophie is at the games.
I hate the Steelers, and I just can't get behind a team who's fans wear cheese on their heads. I guess all that's left is the commercials for me.
Speaking of the Packers, how is it that team can have a season ticket waiting list longer than the actual number of men, women, and children in the Green Bay metro area? Where are these fans coming from..the Arctic?
I'm not sure it is possible to feel smaller than when you chew out your child for something that you later discover was actually your (my) fault. Today's lesson: how to admit you were wrong and say sorry.
President Obama's State of the Union speech reminded me of the kid who was running for student body president at my junior high. He promised us soda pop in the drinking fountains, no homework, and three day school weeks. He said exactly what we wanted to hear and we ate it up like candy. Sometimes I wish I was 13 again.
Learning to welcome change and caring a lot less about what people think have been one of the more liberating aspects of being almost 40.
I wish I could figure out how to turn down the volume on my biological clock. It's giving me a headache.
Why do some gas stations have "Exact Weight" scales. Is there a market for knowing your exact weight right after you just purchased a 44 ouncer and are finishing up the second Twinkie in the twin pack? I'm not stepping on that thing even if it didn't cost a quarter.
Is there anything on this earth nastier than Jack in the Box tacos? Oh never mind, I forgot about the stuff they put in the middle of Arby's sandwiches and try to pass off as roast beef.
One of the crappier parts of life is when someone you care are about is suffering and you feel helpless to help them.
Please nobody watch Joan Rivers' new reality show so that they will cancel it. Seriously, I'm begging.
Modern Family is the best writing on a sitcom that I have seen since Seinfeld. It is the only show that makes me laugh out loud every week. Except for maybe Jimmy Kimmell.
Please still be available when the Suns draft pick rolls around, Jimmers. This years team is unwatchable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I agree with everything on this post except Jack in the Box Tacos and Arby's Roast Beef. They are how I know God loves me.
I love Modern Family. It is the guaranteed sunny spot in my life every week.
We don't have scales at gas stations here- I guess everyone here already knows they are fat.
I am truly ashamed that I like Jack in the Box tacos. However, I am very sure they are not one of God's creations! Sorry Stac!
Post a Comment