Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Swinging Pendulum

My Dad once explained to me that life is like a swinging pendulum and no matter how bad things get, they will get better, and no matter how good things seem, they will get worse. The pendulum swung wide this week. Just hours after learning of Jake Bergeron's untimely passing, James' wife Tiffany gave birth to a perfect baby boy, Hudson James. As Mark aptly put it, it has been bitter sweet. Jake (B.J.) was like a brother to all of us, but especially Burke, Mark, and James. I have so many childhood memories with the sweet Bergeron Family. I'm not going to pretend that I knew much of the recent struggles that Jake faced in his brief life, but I do know that he never lost his kind and gentle spirit. His memories will live on and always be cherished by those who knew him the longest. I hope you found your peace B.J., and that your reunion with your dad was sweet. We will see you on the other side.
Waiting for the plane to leave for Hawaii. B.J., Burke, Geoff, Cheryl and James.
Geoff, Brittany Riches, and B.J.

In happier news, I couldn't be more excited for the arrival of Hudson James. We've had a few years of a baby drought in the Hatch family so it is fun to think of having a new one around. He is sweet, handsome, and perfect in every way. Congrats to a long suffering Grandpa Hatch for finally getting that elusive grandson that will carry on his name. And Congrats most of all to James and Tiffany, whom I have no doubt will be top notch parents. It seems like yesterday that I couldn't wait for baby James to come home from the hospital. Your lives will never be the same. To quote Burke, "You'lllll seeeeeee." Enjoy and cherish Hudson and sometimes share him with us! I hope you don't hate me for posting pictures so soon. (Don't worry, no one reads this blog.)Me and new Jimmy. How time flies. James is a Daddy now!
Hudson likes his mommy the best.Hudson takes a peek. Knuckles, anyone?
Cute chubby cheeks! (Hudson, not Cheryl.)

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love your blog my sister! My kids would have no memory of their childhood without it!
I too, ache for the Bergeron Family. They are nothing less than family. I can't imagine what our lives as kids would have been like without them.
Thanks for posting the cute pics of our new little nephew. I already want to go back to see him! I know I will love him every bit as much as I love you and your kids!

WesDevil said...

I'm so happy for James and Tiffany... Don't be getting any ideas here babe.. We can go visit and give him back when he cries.. Besides, Hudson will probably sleep through the night next week, unlike our darlings.

Kathy said...

Sweet post Christy. Fun to see pictures of Geoff and BJ...that's how I remember them. And that sweet little nephew of yours, wow! It does seem like yesterday that little Jimmy was born. Congratulations James and Tiffany!

ericksons said...

Wait a minute! I read your blog!

Congratulations to little Jimmy! So exciting.

I want to know if you're wearing super-shorty-shorts in that awesome flashback picture, Christy. If it's just a long shirt - very brave! Well done.