Monday, September 7, 2009

Dance Like No One is Watching, Because No One Is.

I'm treading in new territory now with a growing girl. I was raised with five brothers and preferred sports to dancing so I am clueless on this whole world of girly girls. Luckily I have some relatives and friends who have blazed this path before and are helping me along. I signed Sophie up for the "Beginning Combo Class" at the corner dance studio. I am glad she is in there with her BFF Lindsey, because they sure don't want any parents around. The first week the blinds where open just enough for the parents to peek through. I think Sophie's incessant waving to me sealed the fate of the blinds for the next week because they are now shut tightly. She has to change from her tap shoes to her ballet shoes and it specifically states that parents are NOT to come in and help out with that. Fine, I guess I will go the coffee shop next door and hang out. The upside I suppose is that the recital will be a total surprise. Maybe that is precisely the point.
************************************************************************************
I was joking with a friend who has a three-year-old son about how cute of a couple her son and Sophie would make. A few minutes later on the way home I hear a little voice from the back seat:

"Mom, do I have to marry THAT boy?"


No comments: